What is Mint?
Mint is a free, safe, and simple personal finance and budgeting tool offered by Intuit. Mint is most prominently known for its app, but also has a web-based version of the tool. Mint allows members to aggregate their banking and investment accounts in to one place and track spending, account inflows and outflows, and set spending budgets.
Prerequisites to add your Further account to Mint
In order to integrate your spending accounts with Mint, there are four conditions that must be met:
- A member must be registered on the member portal first, as portal credentials (username and password) will be required to add their account(s) in to Mint
- Members must also have an account that is accessible via the member portal
- Members must have the Mint app installed on their device (smart phone or tablet) or must be able to access the web-version of Mint
- Members must have a Mint or Intuit account which their Further (and/or other banking accounts) can be added to
Adding your Further account to Mint
Assuming the prerequisites above are met, follow these steps to add your Further account to Mint:
- In the upper right-hand corner of the app, click the “+” icon and select Add Account
- In the search bar, enter “Further” and select the first option titled Further (you will see the Further logo, name, and website)
- Enter your Further member portal credentials on the UserID and Password lines then click Connect
- A reCAPTCHA challenge may be presented to validate you are not a robot. If so, complete the validation (usually an image select validation)
- Your account should now be linked and viewable in the “Accounts” section of the Mint app or website
Mint will display your account’s total balance in the account. For HSA and VEBA members with investments, the balance will show the aggregate amount of funds in the account’s base balance in addition to the total value of funds invested.
Further is not responsible for 3rd party content, is not affiliated with Mint or Intuit, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the Mint website. Any use of the Mint website will be subject to and any information you provide will be governed by the terms of the 3rd Party Website, including those relating to confidentiality, data privacy and security. Further does not endorse or approve and makes no warranties, representations or undertakings relating to the content of the Mint.com.