- Care must be for children under 13 unless they are incapable of self-care. An annual Letter of Medical Necessity is required if the child is over 13 and should be submitted with your claim (see below for the letter).
- Care must be provided by an individual with a tax ID or a Social Security Number.
- Care must allow the parent(s) to be gainfully employed and be custodial in nature.
Expenses not covered
- Care provided by a parent or sibling under age 19 or by someone you claim as a dependent for tax purposes
- Late fees due to late payments and fees charged for missed days
- Transportation, activity fees, meals, and food items
- Overnight camps, after-school educational classes, sports, or enrichment classes
- School expenses including kindergarten
1. Gather documentation for this claim
This can be a provider invoice, which must include:
- Provider name
- Provider address
- Date(s) of service
- Amount charged
Receipts showing payment are not required.
You can alternatively work with the provider to complete a paper (mail-in) claim form and have them sign it.
2. Submit the claim
This can be done through your account at www.hellofurther.com, with our secure mobile app, or by sending in a paper claim form. You will be asked for the following information:
- The provider tax ID or Social Security Number (this field is optional)
- Dependent name
- Required documentation
When you use our mobile app to request reimbursement, you can use your phone's camera to take a picture of the provider invoice and easily attach the documentation to your claim.
Online reimbursement claims
To submit an online reimbursement claim:
- Sign in at www.hellofurther.com.
- Choose Get Reimbursed from the I Want To… menu.
- If you have more than one account, select HSA account, then click Next
- Enter the amount you would like to request, then click Next
- Add or select a bank
- Add notes
- Select Distribution Reason
- Review and accept the terms by checking the I certify box
- Click Submit
- Select I'm Done on the Success! screen
- We will send a confirmation notification to your email address on file
You'll need documentation for the following items:
- Date of service or purchase
- Name of the person who received service or supplies
- Name of the service or supply provider
- Type of service or supplies you purchased
- The amount you were charged for service or supplies, or the amount that was not reimbursed by your insurance provider
Attachments must be less than 15MB in size and in one of the following file formats: JPG, PDF, TIFF, PNG, or BMP.
Mobile reimbursement claims
To submit a mobile reimbursement claim:
- Open the Further mobile app. If you have not yet downloaded the app, you can find it in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Sign in to the app.
- Tap Get Reimbursed.
- Follow the prompts on your screen.
Mail-in reimbursement claims
You can also request reimbursement by mailing in a paper form. This method will take longer. Use the link found later in this page.
When to submit claims
- Submit claims for care that has occurred in the past.
- Submitting claims monthly is easier than submitting each pay period. Don't wait until the end of your runout period, as it may take longer to get reimbursed.
- Make sure the start of your claim service date falls on or after your account's effective date.