You aren’t required to seek reimbursement for your medical expenses right away. In fact, you can reimburse yourself at any time, even years later. Your money stays in your HSA. And unlike an FSA, there's no "use it or lose it" rule.
Step 1: Pay out of Pocket
If you can afford it, it may make sense to pay for medical expenses out of pocket. This way, you'll have all of your HSA funds available to help pay for any unexpected expenses like car repairs, legal fees, replacing home appliances, etc.
By leaving your money in your HSA, you'll build up your balance. Over time, you'll earn interest on that balance, and you’ll still have those funds available if a large or unexpected expense comes up. Just make sure to keep your receipts, prescriptions, and other documentation of these expenses.
Step 2: Upload Documentation
Upload any records and receipts for the expense to the E-Vault section of your online account at www.hellofurther.com.
Uploading records and receipts
- Sign in to your account at www.hellofurther.com.
- Click on Claims.
- Select E-Vault.
- On the E-Vault screen, click Choose File.
- Browse for the file you want to save to E-Vault.
- Choose an action for the file: storage only, match with an existing claim or submit a claim.
- Enter any additional information that might help you manage the uploaded file.
- Review your information, and click Submit.
Your uploaded file will then appear on your E-Vault home page.
Step 3: Get Reimbursed
Follow the process below to get reimbursed.
- Sign into your account at www.hellofurther.com.
- Under the I Want To… section, choose Get Reimbursed.
- Choose the account you want to be reimbursed from and click Next.
- Enter the amount of the reimbursement request and click Next.
- Fill out the expense information form and click Next.
- If prompted, attach any additional documentation and click Next.
- Review your request.
- Click Submit.